The Bangalore City Institute was founded in 1902 by eminent lawyer Justice Chandrasekhar
Iyer. The land for BCI was donated by the then Maharaja of Mysore Sri. Krishna Rajendra
Wodeyar. A long list of luminaries from various faculties including Legal, Science,
Academic, Finance and Business have been members of BCI.
The BCI is very close to the historical Tippu Sultan’s Summer palace. As a matter
of fact the south gate entrance to the palace fort was located where BCI is established